Police obtain handwriting samples of Hasan Ali
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Chatushrungi police on Monday afternoon took a handwriting sample from Hasan Ali Khan after the former was granted one-day custody for the purpose in the case of falsification of information for obtaining a passport in 2004.
Khan was produced before the Judicial Magistrate (First Class) K M Pingale, who handed Khan over to Pune police, after hearing the argument put forward by Chatushrungi Police Inspector (Crime) Subhash Nikam. "Though we had questioned him at Arthur Road jail in the past, we couldn't obtain a sample of his handwriting. We need his custody so that a handwriting sample could be obtained."
Later in the evening, Hasan Ali, who is the main accused in a money laundering and tax evasion case, was once again produced before the JMFC court that remanded him in 14-day magisterial custody. He was handed over to an ED escort team from Mumbai to be taken back to Arthur Road jail.
He has to remain in jail so that he can be produced in court for hearing in another case.
A few days ago, a Pune district court had ordered that Chatuhshringi Police be given custody of Khan for investigating the alleged case of furnishing false details for passport.
In a complaint registered in December 2011 by the Pune passport office, Khan was booked under Sections 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) of the Indian Penal Code and Sections 10 (3) and 12 (1) of Indian Passport Act.
Nikam said, "In the afternoon we took a sample of his handwriting. It will be matched with his writing on the documents he submitted along with his passport application" Police have also recorded his statement in the case.
Though Nikam refused to divulge any details about the statement, sources said police have asked him about the sequence of events before and after the passport was issued in the presence of Khan's lawyers. "Khan was cooperative during the procedure. As per the court order he was allowed to have food from outside. After he was remanded to magisterial custody, he was taken to Yerawada Central jail and around 8.45 pm he was handed over to the Mumbai escort team to be taken to Arthur Road jail," Nikam added.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly