Police officer ‘touches’ SP leader’s feet
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Etah SSP Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught on camera bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav when he visited the town on Wednesday.
The SSP, who was in uniform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about this, Home Secretary JP Gupta said the officer has denied touching Yadav's feet and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching the SP leader's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong.
Sharma, a 2001-batch IPS officer, was posted as Etah SSP in May last year.
Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore