Police officer ‘touches’ SP leader’s feet
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Etah SSP Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught on camera bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav when he visited the town on Wednesday.
The SSP, who was in uniform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about this, Home Secretary JP Gupta said the officer has denied touching Yadav's feet and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching the SP leader's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong.
Sharma, a 2001-batch IPS officer, was posted as Etah SSP in May last year.
Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency.