Police official says 30 die in Nepal bus accident
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A police official says a bus veered off a mountain road in west Nepal leaving at least 30 people dead and several more injured.
Police official Ramesh Bahadur Dhanuk said the bus drove off the gravel road Saturday in a remote mountainous area near Chatiwan village.
It was dark and the area was covered in thick fog. The bus rolled about 300 meters (300 yards) from the road. Rescuers and local villagers helped the pull the dead and injured from the wreckage.