Police probe another anti-Mamata Banerjee cartoon in Facebook
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A complaint has been filed against a college student for allegedly sharing a caricature of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Facebook, a social networking site.
According to police, the complaint was lodged today with Bidhannagar North police station against Ram Nayan Chowdhury, a student of Bidhannagar Government College, by fellow students.
The caricature reportedly depicts Mamata along with the comment "jawab mangoge to maobadi kahenge. shilpa mangoge to shila dikhaege (If you ask for answers you will be branded a Maoist, and if you want industries you will be shown only plaques)".
"A police complaint has been filed by Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad against Ram Nayan Choudhury for circulating cartoons indicting Chief Minister in it," officer of Bidhan Nagar (north) police station Santanu Kar said. "We are investigating the case," he added.
PTI reported that Chowdhury, a second year student, is an activist of CPM students wing SFI. Chowdhury said the cartoon criticised Banerjee's industry growth agenda and the arrest of a poor farmer after allegedly branding him as Maoist. "It is nothing but a simple cartoon. It was for fun," he added.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress