Police quiz former Padra mamlatdar over land deals
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Partners & possibles in target 272
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Additional chitnis in the office of the Vadodara district collector and former mamlatdar of Padra taluka, Anshu Srivastav, was on Thursday detained by Vadodara district police in connection with the alleged dubious land deals of city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharambe.
"She has been detained in connection with the police case registered against Bharambe. She is being questioned at a location in Padra," Vadodara district superintendent of police (DSP) Sandeep Singh said.
Police suspect Srivastav had some role to play in land deals of Bharambe when she was posted as mamlatdar.
Collector Vinod Rao had recently annulled Bharambe's status as an agriculturalist that he had acquired through a will. The collector had also ordered confiscation of several plots of land in Jaspur village of Padra in which the builder had stakes.
An FIR was filed against Bharambe last week by deputy mamlatdar of Padra for allegedly encroaching on government land. After the scam was exposed during a departmental inquiry, Srivastav was transferred to her present posting in early 2012.
Sources said she was transferred to Palanpur in Banaskantha on Wednesday.