Police quiz former Padra mamlatdar over land deals
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Additional chitnis in the office of the Vadodara district collector and former mamlatdar of Padra taluka, Anshu Srivastav, was on Thursday detained by Vadodara district police in connection with the alleged dubious land deals of city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharambe.
"She has been detained in connection with the police case registered against Bharambe. She is being questioned at a location in Padra," Vadodara district superintendent of police (DSP) Sandeep Singh said.
Police suspect Srivastav had some role to play in land deals of Bharambe when she was posted as mamlatdar.
Collector Vinod Rao had recently annulled Bharambe's status as an agriculturalist that he had acquired through a will. The collector had also ordered confiscation of several plots of land in Jaspur village of Padra in which the builder had stakes.
An FIR was filed against Bharambe last week by deputy mamlatdar of Padra for allegedly encroaching on government land. After the scam was exposed during a departmental inquiry, Srivastav was transferred to her present posting in early 2012.
Sources said she was transferred to Palanpur in Banaskantha on Wednesday.