Police quiz former Padra mamlatdar over land deals
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Additional chitnis in the office of the Vadodara district collector and former mamlatdar of Padra taluka, Anshu Srivastav, was on Thursday detained by Vadodara district police in connection with the alleged dubious land deals of city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharambe.
"She has been detained in connection with the police case registered against Bharambe. She is being questioned at a location in Padra," Vadodara district superintendent of police (DSP) Sandeep Singh said.
Police suspect Srivastav had some role to play in land deals of Bharambe when she was posted as mamlatdar.
Collector Vinod Rao had recently annulled Bharambe's status as an agriculturalist that he had acquired through a will. The collector had also ordered confiscation of several plots of land in Jaspur village of Padra in which the builder had stakes.
An FIR was filed against Bharambe last week by deputy mamlatdar of Padra for allegedly encroaching on government land. After the scam was exposed during a departmental inquiry, Srivastav was transferred to her present posting in early 2012.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed