Police quiz former Padra mamlatdar over land deals
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Congress-RJD pact likely today; Kerala Guv resigns, may contest
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Additional chitnis in the office of the Vadodara district collector and former mamlatdar of Padra taluka, Anshu Srivastav, was on Thursday detained by Vadodara district police in connection with the alleged dubious land deals of city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharambe.
"She has been detained in connection with the police case registered against Bharambe. She is being questioned at a location in Padra," Vadodara district superintendent of police (DSP) Sandeep Singh said.
Police suspect Srivastav had some role to play in land deals of Bharambe when she was posted as mamlatdar.
Collector Vinod Rao had recently annulled Bharambe's status as an agriculturalist that he had acquired through a will. The collector had also ordered confiscation of several plots of land in Jaspur village of Padra in which the builder had stakes.
An FIR was filed against Bharambe last week by deputy mamlatdar of Padra for allegedly encroaching on government land. After the scam was exposed during a departmental inquiry, Srivastav was transferred to her present posting in early 2012.
Sources said she was transferred to Palanpur in Banaskantha on Wednesday.