Police ready for 26/11 anniversary
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
On the eve of the fourth 26/11 anniversary, police commissioner Satyapal Singh said Sunday his force was on alert and there would be tight security on Monday.
"We are alert each and every day. There would be nakabandis across the city and combing operations in certain areas," he told the media at Press Club.
About the intelligence machinery, Singh said, "The allegations of weak intelligence network are not true. Regular meetings are held at the national and state levels. When we get inputs, we keep a check through nakabandis, searches, combing operations, etc. We have cracked down on SIM card rackets. All ACPs have first response team and additional commissioners quick response teams (QRTs). Then there is Force One, ATS and central QRT, all of which specialise in counter-terror."
"No one is perfect, but we are improving every day. Threat is a dynamic thing, all I can say is we are constantly alert to sense a threat and deal with it," he said.