Police remand for 7 Sai aides extended
Among the eight people arrested by the police following recovery of Rs. 8 crores purported to be paid as bribe to weaken the case against Narayan Sai, seven were on Saturday further remanded to police custody till December 27. The eighth, the driver of the car, was sent to Surat district Central jail at Lajpore, on judicial custody, on Saturday.
Surat police had arrested Crime Branch police sub-inspector C M Kumbhani, along with close aides of Narayan Sai — Uday Sanghani, Ketan Patel, Dhiren Patel, Dalpat Upadhyay, Naresh Malkani, Bhavesh Patel and Hitendra Vaghela — and they were under the remand of Crime Branch police for seven days for their alleged role in giving bribe to influence, judiciary, police, government doctors and jail authorities, to help Narayan Sai. While Rs. 8 crore has been recovered, police believe that an additional Rs. 5 crores is still remaining.
Police said this money was also used to swap the 42 bags containing important documents of investment of Narayan Sai and land related documents, with duplicate bags.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi