Police seek IIT help to understand Sahar mishap
- PAAS convener Hardik Patel arrested in Surat, protests across Gujarat
- Rahul makes a 'feku' jibe at Modi, says he and his friends want to usurp land
- Netaji files reveal snooping on family, doubts over death
- Bihar polls: Grand alliance finalises seat distribution
- Two killed, 10 injured as bridge collapses in rain-battered Gujarat
Police will seek IIT Powai help to better understand the recent accident outside the T2 terminal at Sahar airport. Four labourers were killed in the mishap. "We have written to IIT Powai for technical help to gain a better understanding of the accident," said Jaiprakash Giram, senior inspector, Sahar police.
Four labourers were killed and six injured when a span came crashing down an under-construction elevated road outside the unfinished T2 terminal last week. Police have arrested three Larson and Toubro employees, including the site enginner, for causing hurt and death by negligence.
L&T is building the road.
This is not the first time police are seeking IIT help to understand an accident.
Experts from the institute have helped police investigate at least two similar accidents in the recent past.
Ravi Sinha, an IIT Powai professor, headed a three-member technical committee constituted by MMRDA to probe an on Eastern Freeway last year. KVK Rao, another professor, chaired a two-member committee set up to investigate the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar metro accident in September last year.
Meanwhile, speculation is rife on the cause of the mishap.