Police seek info about accused from parents
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Three days after a school bus attendant was arrested for allegedly molesting a four-year-old student aboard the bus, Juhu police called parents of children studying in the victim's school to find out if they have any information pertaining to his past or heard of similar acts by the accused earlier.
Police are gathering necessary evidence to build a water-tight case against accused Ramesh Rajput (35). "We are awaiting for call data records of the woman attendant who was also on the bus. She has been changing her statement," said an officer.
Juhu police have also decided to organise seminars in schools in their jurisdiction. "We will tell parents to teach their children about inappropriate touch. We will also organise seminars to make the children aware of the same," said the officer.
The police are also looking for eyewitnesses in the case. The incident happened on Tuesday, when Rajput allegedly touched the child inappropriately. The next day, the girl informed her parents, who then approached school authorities and Juhu police. A case of molestation was then registered.