Police solve blind murder case
- Bulandshahr gangrape: Minor victim moves SC, seeks FIR against Azam Khan
- NSG row behind them, Chinese FM Wang Yi holds talks with PM Modi, Sushma Swaraj
- Behind attack on BJP leader Brijpal Teotia: 8 murders & a plot
- Appointment of judges: Break logjam soon or we will step in, CJI tells govt
- Sania Mirza-Rohan Bopanna one win away from Rio 2016 Olympics medal
Man killed wife & daughter, buried bodies
The Ludhiana police have solved a blind murder wherein they had found the body of a young girl. Daba police station SHO Jatinderjeet Singh informed that the case dates back to May when the police found the body of a 11 or 12 year-old girl in a vacant plot in the Keshav Nagar area.
The cops had lodged an FIR on May 21 and started investigating the case. During the investigation, they found that the deceased girl used to live with her mother and father in the Prem Nagar area and that her parents too were missing.
The police secured arrest warrants of the father who has been identified as Mohan Chaudhry, who originally hails from Madhubani district. Bihar. The cops raided Chaudhry's home village and arrested him.
"On questioning, Chaudhry told us that he suspected his wife's character and that the daughter was not his biological child but that of his wife's first husband. The accused told us that on the intervening night of May 16 and 17, he strangulated and killed his daughter and packed her in a gunny bag. He then loaded the body on his cycle and threw it in a vacant plot," said Jatinderjeet Singh.
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov
- Pakistan’s foreign policy, founded on hostility towards India, has isolated it globally
- India can gain by being active in the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Civic tech can be an instrument for bringing social change
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?