Police solve blind murder case
- Dal crisis: Centre blames states for not acting against hoarders; raids recover 36000 tonnes
- Dalit killings: Khattar orders CBI probe, Opposition targets Centre
- Sena poster shows PM Modi bowing before Bal Thackeray, taken down
- Holy book desecration: BSF deployed in Punjab, protests continue
- North Indians enjoy breaking rules: Kiren Rijiju agrees with former Delhi LG
Man killed wife & daughter, buried bodies
The Ludhiana police have solved a blind murder wherein they had found the body of a young girl. Daba police station SHO Jatinderjeet Singh informed that the case dates back to May when the police found the body of a 11 or 12 year-old girl in a vacant plot in the Keshav Nagar area.
The cops had lodged an FIR on May 21 and started investigating the case. During the investigation, they found that the deceased girl used to live with her mother and father in the Prem Nagar area and that her parents too were missing.
The police secured arrest warrants of the father who has been identified as Mohan Chaudhry, who originally hails from Madhubani district. Bihar. The cops raided Chaudhry's home village and arrested him.
"On questioning, Chaudhry told us that he suspected his wife's character and that the daughter was not his biological child but that of his wife's first husband. The accused told us that on the intervening night of May 16 and 17, he strangulated and killed his daughter and packed her in a gunny bag. He then loaded the body on his cycle and threw it in a vacant plot," said Jatinderjeet Singh.