Police solve blind murder case
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Man killed wife & daughter, buried bodies
The Ludhiana police have solved a blind murder wherein they had found the body of a young girl. Daba police station SHO Jatinderjeet Singh informed that the case dates back to May when the police found the body of a 11 or 12 year-old girl in a vacant plot in the Keshav Nagar area.
The cops had lodged an FIR on May 21 and started investigating the case. During the investigation, they found that the deceased girl used to live with her mother and father in the Prem Nagar area and that her parents too were missing.
The police secured arrest warrants of the father who has been identified as Mohan Chaudhry, who originally hails from Madhubani district. Bihar. The cops raided Chaudhry's home village and arrested him.
"On questioning, Chaudhry told us that he suspected his wife's character and that the daughter was not his biological child but that of his wife's first husband. The accused told us that on the intervening night of May 16 and 17, he strangulated and killed his daughter and packed her in a gunny bag. He then loaded the body on his cycle and threw it in a vacant plot," said Jatinderjeet Singh.
Similarly Chaudhry is said to have killed his wife Seema (35) and packed her in a synthetic bag and thrown the body in another vacant plot. The police took the accused to both the plots for verification and recovered a highly decomposed body. While the accused has identified both the bodies, his wife's relatives too have identified her body.