Police summon brother Anand
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
The Gamdevi police officers on Thursday sent summons to Asha Bhosle's son Anand at his residences in Lower Parel and Prabhu Kunj asking him to be present before the police to record his statement in connection with his elder sister Varsha's suicide.
Anand was not in the city when his sister Varsha shot herself with a .6mm Belgium make pistol. Besides recording the statements of her close relatives, the police officers on Thursday recorded Asha Bhosle's statements.
"We are in the process of recording all the statements of Varsha's relatives. Since Anand and his family were not in the country, we could not approach him," said police officer from Gamdevi police station.
According to police, Asha Bhosle told them that she had employed a full-time domestic help to take care of Varsha while she was away. The domestic help accompanied Varsha all day. The domestic help, however, left by night. The police further said that they had sent the pistol to the ballistic department of the forensic unit for analysis, while they checked the documents of four people who could have owned the pistol.
Asha Bhosle had told the police that she owned a pistol which she was misplaced three decades ago. The police are now examining whether the pistol with which Varsha had killed herself was the same which Asha Bhosle had lost.