Police to soon nab auto driver who abducted Tijori's daughter
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The accused, who allegedly kidnapped the 13-year-old daughter of filmmaker Deepak Tijori at Lokhandwala in suburban Andheri, will be nabbed soon, a police official said here.
"Based on the details provided by the victim when we recorded her statement, we got substantial leads to nab the accused. We will soon arrest him," Assistant Police Commissioner, Dilip Suryavanshi said.
"The accused had taken the victim away telling the name of her friend Choksi," Suryavanshi said.
Police have also charged the accused with unnatural sex, assault to outrage her modesty, besides kidnapping.
On Sunday, Tijori's daughter was allegedly kidnapped by an auto driver in his vehicle and driven away.
Subsequently Tijori lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was abducted. A couple of hours after the kidnapping drama, she returned home in another auto rickshaw.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express