Police to soon nab auto driver who abducted Tijori's daughter
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
The accused, who allegedly kidnapped the 13-year-old daughter of filmmaker Deepak Tijori at Lokhandwala in suburban Andheri, will be nabbed soon, a police official said here.
"Based on the details provided by the victim when we recorded her statement, we got substantial leads to nab the accused. We will soon arrest him," Assistant Police Commissioner, Dilip Suryavanshi said.
"The accused had taken the victim away telling the name of her friend Choksi," Suryavanshi said.
Police have also charged the accused with unnatural sex, assault to outrage her modesty, besides kidnapping.
On Sunday, Tijori's daughter was allegedly kidnapped by an auto driver in his vehicle and driven away.
Subsequently Tijori lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was abducted. A couple of hours after the kidnapping drama, she returned home in another auto rickshaw.