Police to soon nab auto driver who abducted Tijori's daughter
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The accused, who allegedly kidnapped the 13-year-old daughter of filmmaker Deepak Tijori at Lokhandwala in suburban Andheri, will be nabbed soon, a police official said here.
"Based on the details provided by the victim when we recorded her statement, we got substantial leads to nab the accused. We will soon arrest him," Assistant Police Commissioner, Dilip Suryavanshi said.
"The accused had taken the victim away telling the name of her friend Choksi," Suryavanshi said.
Police have also charged the accused with unnatural sex, assault to outrage her modesty, besides kidnapping.
On Sunday, Tijori's daughter was allegedly kidnapped by an auto driver in his vehicle and driven away.
Subsequently Tijori lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was abducted. A couple of hours after the kidnapping drama, she returned home in another auto rickshaw.