Police to soon nab auto driver who abducted Tijori's daughter
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The accused, who allegedly kidnapped the 13-year-old daughter of filmmaker Deepak Tijori at Lokhandwala in suburban Andheri, will be nabbed soon, a police official said here.
"Based on the details provided by the victim when we recorded her statement, we got substantial leads to nab the accused. We will soon arrest him," Assistant Police Commissioner, Dilip Suryavanshi said.
"The accused had taken the victim away telling the name of her friend Choksi," Suryavanshi said.
Police have also charged the accused with unnatural sex, assault to outrage her modesty, besides kidnapping.
On Sunday, Tijori's daughter was allegedly kidnapped by an auto driver in his vehicle and driven away.
Subsequently Tijori lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was abducted. A couple of hours after the kidnapping drama, she returned home in another auto rickshaw.