Police vehicles with fingerprint detection machine flagged off
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Specialized police vehicles fitted with a live fingerprint scanner that could contain the data of upto 26,500 criminals in a single machine, have been flagged off from Panchkula today.
Named 'Pehchan Kaun', as a part of the pilot project, these vehicles were first started from Panipat in the month of March and have now been installed in the districts of Rohtak, Jhajhar, Sonipat, Faridabad, Karnal, Kaithal, Rewari, Mewat and with the regional Railway Police.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance