Police vehicles with fingerprint detection machine flagged off
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
Specialized police vehicles fitted with a live fingerprint scanner that could contain the data of upto 26,500 criminals in a single machine, have been flagged off from Panchkula today.
Named 'Pehchan Kaun', as a part of the pilot project, these vehicles were first started from Panipat in the month of March and have now been installed in the districts of Rohtak, Jhajhar, Sonipat, Faridabad, Karnal, Kaithal, Rewari, Mewat and with the regional Railway Police.
Layak Ram Dabbas, Director at State Criminal Record Bureau said that the initiative was taken keeping in mind the infiltration of criminals within the country and the limitation of regional police to be able to identify them correctly. "Everyone's fingerprint is distinct and as soon as a person scans his finger with the machine, he is immediately identified if his record is already fed into the machine," said Dabbas.