Policemen manhandle couple during protest, suspended
- Six Shiv Sena workers arrested for paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Bihar elections: 57% turnout in first phase, voting peaceful
- PM Modi lashes out at Nitish Kumar over Kushwaha's video, says JP insulted on birthday
- Industrial production touches 3-year high, grows at 6.4% in August
- 10 years of RTI : While the government is willing, officials are not
Two police personnel were suspended for allegedly manhandling a couple during a protest by ad-hoc teachers, officials said in Etawah on Sunday.
Sub-Inspector Ishtiyaq Ahmad and personnel Shailendra have been placed under suspension for misbehaving with and manhandling a couple during the protest by shiksha mitras on Saturday, said SSP Rakesh Pradhan. The additional SP has been asked to probe the incident.
Scores of shiksha mitras were injured as the police used batons to disperse ad-hoc teachers, who took to streets in different parts of the state, to press for benefits similar to permanent employees. Over 35 people were arrested as they blocked rail traffic at several places and indulged in brick batting.