Polio drive starts in Gujarat
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched polio immunisation drive in the state with a resolve to totally eradicate the disease.
As part of the polio eradication campaign, the state has decided to administer pentavalent vaccination with drops of polio oral vaccines.
"We should work shoulder to shoulder and ensure no child in the state is left behind...We are determined to eradicate polio from Gujarat," he said, inaugurating the vaccination campaign in the state by administering oral vaccines to some children in Gandhinagar.
As part of Pulse Polio campaign, approximately 75 lakh children up to the age of five years were administered the the drops with the help of 1.25 lakh health workers through more then 30,000 vaccination booths across the state.
Children were also administered pentavalent vaccines, which aims at giving immunity against diptheria, pertusis, tetanus, hepatitis-B and hib-virus (haemophilus influenzae type-b).
"It is a matter of great joy that Gujarat has not seen a single case of polio since 2007," Modi said.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid