Polio drive starts in Gujarat
- J-K: Day after DG level talks, 1 BSF officer killed in Pak firing in Rajouri
- Bihar polls: NDA fails to clinch seat-sharing deal as Manjhi plays hardball
- 70 Indian sailors stranded in Yemen, MEA says working on evacuation
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan heckled near Jhabua blast site; accused absconding
- Munnar tea estate workers end nine-day-long agitation
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched polio immunisation drive in the state with a resolve to totally eradicate the disease.
As part of the polio eradication campaign, the state has decided to administer pentavalent vaccination with drops of polio oral vaccines.
"We should work shoulder to shoulder and ensure no child in the state is left behind...We are determined to eradicate polio from Gujarat," he said, inaugurating the vaccination campaign in the state by administering oral vaccines to some children in Gandhinagar.
As part of Pulse Polio campaign, approximately 75 lakh children up to the age of five years were administered the the drops with the help of 1.25 lakh health workers through more then 30,000 vaccination booths across the state.
Children were also administered pentavalent vaccines, which aims at giving immunity against diptheria, pertusis, tetanus, hepatitis-B and hib-virus (haemophilus influenzae type-b).