Polish woman from Mathura raped, abandoned in Delhi
- Five crew members killed in IAF's C-130J Super Hercules plane crash
- IPL season 7 to go on; Sunil Gavaskar to be BCCI chief
- Sahara staff offer to collect Rs 5,000 cr for Subrata Roy's release
- Two terrorists killed in encounter after attacking army camp in J&K
- India vs Bangladesh Live Cricket Score: India break steady stand as Shami removes Rahim
A 35-year-old Polish woman was allegedly abducted at knife-point, drugged and raped on the Mathura-Delhi highway on the night of January 2.
The woman had complained to the Paharganj police station on January 3 that she had been abducted. However, a medical examination found she was raped as well. A zero FIR was registered and the case was transferred to the Mathura police as the alleged incident happened under its jurisdiction.
Police said the woman is married and has a two-year-old daughter. She runs an exports business in Mathura and has been living in a rented house there for the past three years. She is also associated with a religious group in Mathura, they added.
In her statement to police, the woman said she was on her way to Delhi on the night of January 2 with her daughter. She took an e-rickshaw from her house and got off on the highway where she was waiting for a bus to reach Delhi.
She claimed that around 10 pm, a white car stopped next to her on the highway. "A man got off and pushed me into the car. He also pushed my daughter inside along with her pram. Before I realised what was happening, the man threatened me at knife-point and sprayed me with something, following which I fell unconscious," a senior police officer quoted from the woman's statement.
The woman said the next morning, when she regained consciousness, she was lying on a bench in Nizamuddin, Southeast Delhi. Her daughter was next to her, crying.
"The woman managed to ask a few passersby about where she could find a place to stay in the city. She was directed to Paharganj where she checked into a hotel. The woman was very scared and decided to compose herself before approaching police. Around 7 pm on January 3, she approached the Paharganj police station with a complaint that she had been abducted," the officer said.
- Manmohan, Sonia and Rahul to campaign in Odisha
- Khurshid hits out at UP police over poll code violation case
- BJP will field strong candidates against Rahul, Sonia: Rajnath
- Modi, Hooda snatching land from farmers: Kejriwal
- Major political outfits banking on 'senior' leaders in Punjab
- IM top man Akhtar was planning terror strike in Delhi: Police