Team Anna jumps into politics, says 'no compromise with graft'
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
Team Anna today said its political alternative will not compromise on corruption, holding their fight is for changing the system and not power.
"Anna Hazare is a hero of people. How long he can remain deaf to the voice of people? He has taken a decision to challenge the political class," a statement posted on the India Against Corruption website said.
"Now Team Anna is ready to enter the battlefield of politics. Now Team Anna is ready to enter the battleground to take on government. Anna has said that he will not dilute his beliefs. The political alternative that will come up will not compromise on corruption. This fight is not for changing power but changing system," it said.
It said political parties continue to say that Anna and his supporters will not be able to win elections and to counter such claims, it is necessary to talk about political alternative.
"Team Anna has sounded the bugle to enter the political battlefield and take on political parties. Now people have to take a decision whether the corrupt system will continue to exploit you or support a right alternative," it said.
However, a word of caution came from Medha Patkar, a member of Team Anna's Core Committee who made a single appearance at the Jantar Mantar protest this time.
"One has to ensure that people who are awakened remained so and one has to think a 100 times before taking a plunge into electoral politics. If he joins politics, then the momentum gained should not be lost. When people with noble intentions join politics, either they don't last long or they don't achieve much," she said.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students