Political parties condemn twin blasts in Hyderabad
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
Political parties collectively condemned the twin bomb blasts that rattled Hyderabad this evening. Talking to PTI, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asserted that those responsible for the 'dastardly' act would not go unpunished. 'This is a dastardly attack and the guilty will not go unpunished,' said the Prime Minister. He further said, "I express my condolences to the family members of those killed in the blasts. This is a condemnable incident. I assure that the government will take appropriate action to provide immediate and adequate relief to those injured in the blast," Singh told PTI.
Condemning the attacks Vice President Hamid Ansari conveyed his condolences to the families of those who lost their lives.
Both PM and Vice President appealed to the people to maintain calm and peace in this difficult hour.
An ex gratia payment of Rs two lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured has been announced from the PM's Relief Fund.
The PM also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi expressed her sorrow and anguish on the blasts in the Andhra capital.
BJP President Rajnath Singh condoled the loss of lives and demanded a thorough probe into the incident.
Helpline numbers: 040-27853408, 040-27854771.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer