Political parties condemn twin blasts in Hyderabad
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI struggle to 115/9 against RCB
Political parties collectively condemned the twin bomb blasts that rattled Hyderabad this evening. Talking to PTI, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asserted that those responsible for the 'dastardly' act would not go unpunished. 'This is a dastardly attack and the guilty will not go unpunished,' said the Prime Minister. He further said, "I express my condolences to the family members of those killed in the blasts. This is a condemnable incident. I assure that the government will take appropriate action to provide immediate and adequate relief to those injured in the blast," Singh told PTI.
Condemning the attacks Vice President Hamid Ansari conveyed his condolences to the families of those who lost their lives.
Both PM and Vice President appealed to the people to maintain calm and peace in this difficult hour.
An ex gratia payment of Rs two lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured has been announced from the PM's Relief Fund.
The PM also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi expressed her sorrow and anguish on the blasts in the Andhra capital.
BJP President Rajnath Singh condoled the loss of lives and demanded a thorough probe into the incident.
Helpline numbers: 040-27853408, 040-27854771.