- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
It seems to be the season for political thrillers. After Prakash Jha's Rajneeti, it's now the turn of Suraj Bhardwaj's Muthbhed - A Planned Encounter to focus on the grim realities of power play. The Haryanvi film stars Mukesh Tiwari, Poonam Jhaver and Sanjay Sharma. Incidentally, Sharma is the co-producer of the film along with SS Films Entertainment and Kumar Mangat of Omkara fame. "The storyline is basically a situational drama. It's something most people will relate to because somewhere in their lives, they have been a part of the same system," he says. Tiwari, who is known for his performances in Apharan, Golmaal and Refugee says, "I do not play a hero who saves everyone in the end. This is less of a fictional drama than a real-life scenario." A multi-crore project, the film has been shot in remote villages of Haryana, Pinjore and Panchkula. "It was a great experience making the film. With good actors and technical support, we are sure this film will do its bit to bring to life the dying Haryanvi film industry," says Bhardwaj.