Politicians, senior officials at wedding of CBI chief Ranjit Sinha's daughter
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
CBI Director Ranjit Sinha's daughter on Saturday got married to a Chhatisgarh cadre IAS officer here at a grand function that was attended by several bureaucrats and top politicians.
Governor D Y Patil and former deputy CM and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi were among those who attended the wedding.
CM Nitish Kumar could not attend the wedding because of fracture in his toe but is expected to attend the reception in Delhi on July 19. LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan is likely to attend the reception.
Notable among the absentees was RJD chief Lalu Prasad, to whom Sinha was once considered close. Lalu is an accused in the fodder scam which is being investigated by the CBI. The Supreme Court recently stayed a Ranchi court verdict in one of the fodder scam cases, which was due to be delivered on July 15.
The CBI director's daughter, Rudrani Sinha, who is posted in Delhi as an analyst with the National Technical Research Organisation, married Avnish Kumar Sharan, a 2009-batch IAS officer from Samastipur in Bihar. Sharan is posted as Municipal Commissioner in Bilaspur.
Over 1,000 invitees, including several serving and retired IAS and IPS officers, attended the wedding. Several senior officials from NIA, CBI and IB were also present.