Poll result to prove if gun toting will fetch votes: Vitthal Radadia
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- SC junks PIL seeking reconstitution of SIT probing Gujarat riots
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Lok Sabha Congress MP Vitthal Radadia, who had brandished a gun at a toll booth in October, said on Monday that election results will prove whether his action will bring him more votes or not.
The MP had brandished his gun at a toll booth attendant on National Highway 8 near Karjan in October, after his driver was asked to produce his MP's identity card to waive toll payment.
Radadia will contest Assembly elections from Rajkot district's Dhoraji constituency.
"Election results will say that if my act will fetch me more votes or not," Radadia told reporters answering a question if his gun-toting ways would scare away voters.
"I had done it in self defence. I am a leader who does not have any security guards with me and I carry a licensed gun for my protection," Radadia said, without showing any remorse for his earlier action.
He also said the BJP will be routed in Saurashtra this time due to its anti-people polices.