Poll result to prove if gun toting will fetch votes: Vitthal Radadia
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Lok Sabha Congress MP Vitthal Radadia, who had brandished a gun at a toll booth in October, said on Monday that election results will prove whether his action will bring him more votes or not.
The MP had brandished his gun at a toll booth attendant on National Highway 8 near Karjan in October, after his driver was asked to produce his MP's identity card to waive toll payment.
Radadia will contest Assembly elections from Rajkot district's Dhoraji constituency.
"Election results will say that if my act will fetch me more votes or not," Radadia told reporters answering a question if his gun-toting ways would scare away voters.
"I had done it in self defence. I am a leader who does not have any security guards with me and I carry a licensed gun for my protection," Radadia said, without showing any remorse for his earlier action.
He also said the BJP will be routed in Saurashtra this time due to its anti-people polices.