Poll results show itís about the economy
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
There is no denying the appeal of Modi's model of development among the urban middle class even outside Gujarat. The only way the grand old party can hope to wean the middle class away is to show them a better and secure future with the economy back on a high growth trajectory. The UPA may need to take some tough, unpopular decisions but as these Assembly elections have proved, they can be made palatable as long as people are convinced of the larger narrative being scripted.
Deepak is a senior assistant editor based in Delhi