Poll Talk: FIR against Cong, BJP candidates for model code violation
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Ballia: Cases have been registered against Congress and BJP candidates of Ballia for allegedly violating the model code of conduct. An FIR has been registered against sitting MLA and Congress nominee Subhash Yadav and 10 others after two unauthorised vehicles and a revolver were recovered from him during checking Basrikapur late Wednesday night, said police. In a separate incident, two rifles and a revolver were recovered from the vehicles of BJP candidate Bharat Singh after which an FIR was lodged against him and four others.
HC rejects Rana's plea
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has refused to grant any relief to RLD MLA from Bijnor Shahnawaz Rana, against whom a criminal case was registered for allegedly assaulting policemen and escaping during a routine check for enforcement of the Election Commission's code of conduct on January 14. The incident had occurred under Jansath police station area of Muzzaffarnagar district. A division bench of Justices D P Singh and Jaishree Tiwari on Thursday rejected the petition, seeking stay on his arrest.