Poll Talk: FIR against Cong, BJP candidates for model code violation
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Ballia: Cases have been registered against Congress and BJP candidates of Ballia for allegedly violating the model code of conduct. An FIR has been registered against sitting MLA and Congress nominee Subhash Yadav and 10 others after two unauthorised vehicles and a revolver were recovered from him during checking Basrikapur late Wednesday night, said police. In a separate incident, two rifles and a revolver were recovered from the vehicles of BJP candidate Bharat Singh after which an FIR was lodged against him and four others.
HC rejects Rana's plea
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has refused to grant any relief to RLD MLA from Bijnor Shahnawaz Rana, against whom a criminal case was registered for allegedly assaulting policemen and escaping during a routine check for enforcement of the Election Commission's code of conduct on January 14. The incident had occurred under Jansath police station area of Muzzaffarnagar district. A division bench of Justices D P Singh and Jaishree Tiwari on Thursday rejected the petition, seeking stay on his arrest.