Congress stares at humiliating defeat in 2014 polls: BJP
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu today said Congress would be decimated in 2014 Lok Sabha elections owing to its failure on all fronts notwithstanding the emphasis that party is laying on projecting gen next leaders.
"Nobody will be able to save Congress party from facing defeat in general elections. As and when elections are held, that party will suffer a humiliating defeat...Congress would be reduced to double digit in 2014 Lok Sabha polls", Naidu told reporters here.
Without naming Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Naidu said "the debate is that somebody is going to save the Congress is useless...They may have a youth leader or not".
He said a strong wave is rising against Congress in the country as people are feeling "betrayed". "People look at Congress as betrayers. UPA government has failed on various fronts", he alleged.
Taking a dig at Congress, Naidu said Congress may opt for advancing the general elections as "the party is already facing several scams and it would not wait for more scams to be added before elections (on due date)".
Terming as unrealistic the policy decisions of government, Naidu said "the petrol prices are hiked 15 times while that of fertiliser by 20 times...Government has also restricted supply of LPG cylinders to nine per year".
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express