Polls for JNU students union on Feb 23, counting on same day
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The election committee of the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students Union (JNUSU) on Friday announced that the polls will be conducted on February 23.
According to the draft schedule, the nomination process for the election of four office-bearers and 31 others will be carried out on February 13, between 10 am and 5 pm. Candidates will be allowed to withdraw their nominations during the first half of February 14.
All organisations will start campaigning the same day, and general body meetings (GBMs) will be held at all schools of the university.
A university general body meeting (UGBM) will be held on February 17, during which candidates for the post of Vice-President, General Secretary and Joint Secretary will address the entire student community, and respond to questions posed by them.
Elections are being held after four years of political vacuum on the campus.
During the presidential debate, to be held on February 21, candidates for the top post will put forth their agendas and opinions before the student community. Counting will begin on the same day as the elections (February 23), and the results will be declared within 24 hours.
The draft will be taken up for consideration with the JNU administration on Monday, after which it will become official.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress