Pollution major area of concern: PPCB secy
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
An Industrial Interaction was held at CICU Complex, Focal Point, Ludhiana between Babu Ram, member secretary, Punjab pollution control board (PPCB) and Ludhiana Industrialists.
Ram said that pollution was one of the major areas of concern, which needed to be curbed at any cost. We are trying to minimise pollution level in Punjab.
Interacting with the members of the CICU, Ram said, suggestions raised would be considered. New measures, modified procedures and revised norms would be introduced to solve all logical and technical issues. He informed that comprehensive guidelines of PPCB norms are already updated and are available on the website of the Board. He requested the Electroplating Industry for submission of application for common effluent treatment plant (CETP) mentioning the availability of the site which will be installed subject to availability of funds.
Any problem related to National Green Tribunal will be taken up for amicable solution. Consent will be provided for non-hazardous industry in mixed land use areas. He said that particular machinery/instrument not adhering to pollution norms will be sealed only and not the entire factory unit.
Avtar Singh, general secretary CICU, Upkar Singh joint secretary and others submitted their memorandum to the member secretary.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy