Ponty Chadha murder: Cops hunt for Sukhdev Singh Namdhari son, man held for tampering gun
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Inputs from ENS, Lucknow.
BJP expels Namdhari
Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, sacked as Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman after police said he was present at the Delhi farmhouse gunfight which led to the killing of Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep, was expelled from the BJP on Monday afternoon.
"We have expelled him from the primary membership of the party in view of the Delhi police probe into his alleged role in the case," BJP's Uttarakhand president Bishan Singh Chuphal said. He said all senior leaders were consulted before taking the decision to expel Namdhari.
Namdhari was appointed chairman of the Minorities Commission in March 2010 by the then BJP government of Ramesh Pokhriyal.