Ponty Chadha’s manager held on conspiracy charge
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
The security manager of slain liquor baron Gurdeep 'Ponty' Chadha, Narendra Ahlawat, was arrested by the Crime Branch on Thursday.
Police said Ahlawat was arrested on the charge of trespassing and criminal conspiracy to forcibly occupy farmhouse No 42 in Chhattarpur, where Ponty and his brother Hardeep Singh were killed in a gun battle on November 17. Ahlawat was injured in the shootout.
"Ahlawat was present at the spot on November 17 and was part of the conspiracy to forcibly occupy the said property," a police officer said.
According to police, Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, one of Ponty's associates and ex-chairman of the Uttarakhand Minorities Commission, had brought a number of armed men to assist Ponty Chadha in taking over the farmhouse.
Eight persons, including Namdhari and his gunman Sachin Tyagi, have been arrested in the case so far.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer