Ponty Chadha’s manager held on conspiracy charge
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The security manager of slain liquor baron Gurdeep 'Ponty' Chadha, Narendra Ahlawat, was arrested by the Crime Branch on Thursday.
Police said Ahlawat was arrested on the charge of trespassing and criminal conspiracy to forcibly occupy farmhouse No 42 in Chhattarpur, where Ponty and his brother Hardeep Singh were killed in a gun battle on November 17. Ahlawat was injured in the shootout.
"Ahlawat was present at the spot on November 17 and was part of the conspiracy to forcibly occupy the said property," a police officer said.
According to police, Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, one of Ponty's associates and ex-chairman of the Uttarakhand Minorities Commission, had brought a number of armed men to assist Ponty Chadha in taking over the farmhouse.
Eight persons, including Namdhari and his gunman Sachin Tyagi, have been arrested in the case so far.