Ponty family got 7 arms licences on same day in Rampur
On June 26, 1991, the Rampur district administration issued seven arms licences to Gurdeep Singh (Ponty) Chadha and his family members, including his two brothers Hardeep and Rajinder, and cousin Gurjeet Singh. In fact, Ponty Chadha was issued two arms licences — for a rifle and a double-barrel breach loading (DBBL) gun — despite the fact that he suffered disabilities in both his hands.
The licences were issued to them at an address in Nagalia Khurd village, under Bilaspur police circle. Inspector Balbeer Singh of Bilaspur police station said a paper mill was located at the address. "The mill has been closed for some time now," he said.
"In all, seven licences were issued on June 26, 1991 to Ponty and his family members at the same address," confirmed Rampur District Magistrate Anil Dhingra.
Also among those who got a licence was Harpal Singh, who officials said was Ponty's relative.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape