Ponty men held for entering disputed farmhouse get bail
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
Two employees of liquor baron Gurdeep Chadha alias Ponty, arrested for allegedly trespassing into a disputed farmhouse at Bijwasan, have been granted bail by a Delhi court.
Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed in a shootout at their Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ruchika Singhla released the accused Vijay Kumar and Madan Rana on bail on a personal bond and two local sureties to the sum of Rs 20,000 each.
Kumar and Rana, who were working as supervisors at Chadhas' farmhouse at Bijwasan (G-19) in Southwest Delhi, were arrested on November 18 on charges of wrongful restraint, preparation for assault, trespassing and intimidation.
The police had also alleged that the two were involved in the November 17 morning raid at Chhattarpur farmhouse a few hours before the shootout.
Seeking bail for the two, their counsel R S Jakhar and B S Jakhar told the court that the accused were falsely implicated in the case.The court, while granting bail, imposed the condition that the two men shall "not aid the other co-accused in any manner".
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs