Ponty met police chief over threat from brother, was told to lodge a complaint
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Ponty Chadha and his brother, Hardeep Singh Chadha alias Satnam, were locked in a dispute over distribution of the family property ever since the death of their father, Kulwant Singh Chadha, last year.
Earlier this week, Ponty met Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, seeking protection from his brother who, he alleged, had been threatening him. Police sources said Ponty was told to give a complaint in writing and he agreed to hand one in a few days.
A source said a blueprint for the division of property between Ponty and Hardeep — third brother Rajinder Singh Chadha alias Raju Chadha had aligned with Ponty — had been finalised but there was disagreement again at the last-minute. Hardeep wanted to keep some Punjab Police personnel, who he claimed were his personal security officers, at the Chattarpur farmhouse.
"Ponty wanted Hardeep to move out of the farmhouse. There was tension over this. A Delhi minister and Paramjit Singh Sarna of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee were asked to mediate," the source said.