Ponty met police chief over threat from brother, was told to lodge a complaint
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Ponty Chadha and his brother, Hardeep Singh Chadha alias Satnam, were locked in a dispute over distribution of the family property ever since the death of their father, Kulwant Singh Chadha, last year.
Earlier this week, Ponty met Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, seeking protection from his brother who, he alleged, had been threatening him. Police sources said Ponty was told to give a complaint in writing and he agreed to hand one in a few days.
A source said a blueprint for the division of property between Ponty and Hardeep — third brother Rajinder Singh Chadha alias Raju Chadha had aligned with Ponty — had been finalised but there was disagreement again at the last-minute. Hardeep wanted to keep some Punjab Police personnel, who he claimed were his personal security officers, at the Chattarpur farmhouse.
"Ponty wanted Hardeep to move out of the farmhouse. There was tension over this. A Delhi minister and Paramjit Singh Sarna of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee were asked to mediate," the source said.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph