Ponty met police chief over threat from brother, was told to lodge a complaint
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Ponty Chadha and his brother, Hardeep Singh Chadha alias Satnam, were locked in a dispute over distribution of the family property ever since the death of their father, Kulwant Singh Chadha, last year.
Earlier this week, Ponty met Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, seeking protection from his brother who, he alleged, had been threatening him. Police sources said Ponty was told to give a complaint in writing and he agreed to hand one in a few days.
A source said a blueprint for the division of property between Ponty and Hardeep — third brother Rajinder Singh Chadha alias Raju Chadha had aligned with Ponty — had been finalised but there was disagreement again at the last-minute. Hardeep wanted to keep some Punjab Police personnel, who he claimed were his personal security officers, at the Chattarpur farmhouse.
"Ponty wanted Hardeep to move out of the farmhouse. There was tension over this. A Delhi minister and Paramjit Singh Sarna of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee were asked to mediate," the source said.
Ponty also met a senior police officer, seeking his intervention in checking the movement of armed PSOs accompanying his brother.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer