Ponty met police chief over threat from brother, was told to lodge a complaint
- Rajya Sabha: Hooda ‘rebellion’ in Haryana ensures defeat for Cong-backed lawyer R K Anand
- BJP's national executive meeting begins in UP; PM Modi, Amit Shah to strategise
- Coming soon: Clause in real estate bill to check bias against religion, sexual orientation, diet
- Drama in Ranchi: Missing MLAs, a winning formula
- Punjab: Two Pakistani intruders killed by BSF, arms, drugs recovered
Ponty Chadha and his brother, Hardeep Singh Chadha alias Satnam, were locked in a dispute over distribution of the family property ever since the death of their father, Kulwant Singh Chadha, last year.
Earlier this week, Ponty met Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, seeking protection from his brother who, he alleged, had been threatening him. Police sources said Ponty was told to give a complaint in writing and he agreed to hand one in a few days.
A source said a blueprint for the division of property between Ponty and Hardeep — third brother Rajinder Singh Chadha alias Raju Chadha had aligned with Ponty — had been finalised but there was disagreement again at the last-minute. Hardeep wanted to keep some Punjab Police personnel, who he claimed were his personal security officers, at the Chattarpur farmhouse.
"Ponty wanted Hardeep to move out of the farmhouse. There was tension over this. A Delhi minister and Paramjit Singh Sarna of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee were asked to mediate," the source said.
- It's good that Rajan has cleared some of the mist and myth surrounding the GDP numbers
- Only reason why majority of govt schools have abysmal standards is because of bad policies
- When Nehru became PM, Americans presumed that as a democracy India would be in their camp
- It's achche din for top lawyers in the Congress party
- Debate on Rajan’s reappointment is welcome as long as it is on performance
- In Assam, strategy of polarisation has brought electoral fruit to BJP