Ponty met police chief over threat from brother, was told to lodge a complaint
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ponty Chadha and his brother, Hardeep Singh Chadha alias Satnam, were locked in a dispute over distribution of the family property ever since the death of their father, Kulwant Singh Chadha, last year.
Earlier this week, Ponty met Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, seeking protection from his brother who, he alleged, had been threatening him. Police sources said Ponty was told to give a complaint in writing and he agreed to hand one in a few days.
A source said a blueprint for the division of property between Ponty and Hardeep — third brother Rajinder Singh Chadha alias Raju Chadha had aligned with Ponty — had been finalised but there was disagreement again at the last-minute. Hardeep wanted to keep some Punjab Police personnel, who he claimed were his personal security officers, at the Chattarpur farmhouse.
"Ponty wanted Hardeep to move out of the farmhouse. There was tension over this. A Delhi minister and Paramjit Singh Sarna of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee were asked to mediate," the source said.
Ponty also met a senior police officer, seeking his intervention in checking the movement of armed PSOs accompanying his brother.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express