Ponty’s security guards, gun repairman on the run
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy says he is not absconding; says ready to "unconditionally" obey Supreme Court direction
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat moral code of conduct
- BJP gets its first new ally as Paswan returns to NDA fold
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
Two private security guards and a man who repairs weapons are still evading arrest in the twin murder case of Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty and his brother Hardeep. The Chadha brothers were killed in a gunfight at their Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
The Delhi Police Crime Branch has raided several locations in Rampur district, Uttar Pradesh, but failed to trace Simranjeet Singh alias Laadi, Jasbir Singh and Jahangir.
Residents of Bilaspur in Rampur, Simranjeet and Jasbir worked as private security for Ponty. The two have been missing since the day after the shootout.
Jahangir (50), a resident of Moti Masjid in Kotwali area, repairs firearms.
Police said they are looking for the three, but none of them has been named as accused in the case. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime-Delhi) S B S Tyagi said: "We would like to talk to them."
The Delhi Police contacted Simranjeet's father Makhan Singh on Saturday to ask for his son's whereabouts.
"They asked me if I know Sukhdev Singh Namdhari. I told them I had never met him and have no information about him", Makhan said.
Namdhari was sacked from the post of chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission after the shootout, during which he was present.
Later, Namdhari was booked for the murder of Hardeep. Makhan told police that Simranjeet visited the house a day after the incident. Simranjeet told his family that he was at Ponty's home on the day of the shootout. Makhan said Simranjeet stayed at home for a day, and left.
Since them his mobile phone is switched off. Makhan claimed that the family had snapped ties with Simranjeet after he married against their wish.
"Around eight years ago, Simranjeet married and shifted to Delhi with his wife. A few years ago, we allowed Simranjeet to come home. Since then he visits us occasionally. He had told us that he was a security guard for Ponty Chadha,'' Makhan said.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover