Ponty shootout case: Charge sheet likely to be filed tomorrow
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The Delhi police is likely to file tomorrow its charge sheet before a court here in the November 17 killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep in a shootout in a farmhouse here.
The Crime Branch of the Delhi Police, which had arrested sacked Uttarakhand minorities panel chief S S Namdhari and nine others for their alleged role in the case, will submit its charge sheet before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Mukesh Kumar, court sources said.
They said the investigating agency has informed them that it will file the charge sheet on Friday, when the judicial custody for ten accused -- Namdhari, his PSO Sachin Tyagi and eight others -- is set to expire.
The prosecution had alleged in the court that Namdhari had played a "vital" role in conspiracy with the other accused who acted on his orders. Of the ten accused, he is the only person to have been booked under section 302 IPC for murder, according to it.
Ponty's aides Bhupender Singh, Uday Raj Singh, Rajpal Singh, Anand Singh Bisht, Mathura Singh Mehra and Satnam Singh are also accused in the case.
Police have also booked Namdhari's men Simranjeet Singh and Jagbir Singh for allegedly helping him in the commission of the crime.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had a property dispute, were killed in a shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse here on November 17, 2012.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2