Ponty son’s PSO arrested for breaking into farmhouse
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Hours before shootout that killed the Chadha brothers, Ponty's men had barged into Chhattarpur farmhouse to take possession: Cops
The personal security officer (PSO) of Ponty Chadha's son has been arrested for trespassing and dacoity at the disputed Chhattarpur farmhouse — 42, Central Drive.
Satnam alias Satty was arrested on Thursday for barging into the farmhouse with other associates of Ponty to take possession of the property. Hours later, Ponty and Hardeep with shot dead in a gunfight at the same farmhouse.
Satnam had allegedly roughed up Hardeep's men at the farmhouse on the morning of November 17. Police said Satnam had been working for Ponty for the past six years.
Police said Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, sacked chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission, was arrested on the basis of circumstantial evidence. Police said when the held a recreation of crime scene on Tuesday, Namdhari was unable to point out his position during the shootout. Police claim Namdhari changed his statement several times to make the forensic experts assume that his "shots" did not hit Hardeep.
His PSO, Sachin Tyagi, claimed that it was Namdhari who ordered him to shoot at Hardeep.
Police sources said the initial scene recreation report indicated that at least one of the bullets fired by Namdhari hit Hardeep. "While recreating the scene, it became evident that there was no threat to Namdhari's life. He claims that Hardeep shot in his direction, but this does not appear to be the case. He has been booked for murder and the ballistic report will further prove our case," a senior police officer said.
Namdhari has also failed to explain how two bullets were missing from his case. While police have recovered five cartridges, Namdhari claimed to have fired two shots.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™