Pooja Bhatt complaints of verbal abuse by unknown caller
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Mumbai police today booked an unidentified person for allegedly making obscene and threatening calls to actress-filmmaker Pooja Bhatt.
"We have registered a case under sections 507 (criminal intimidation by an anonymous communication) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) against an unknown person," Deputy Commissioner of Police Prathap Dighavkar said.
The anonymous person called Pooja last night, police sources said.
The 40-year old filmmaker approached the Bandra police station in suburban Mumbai today, following which police registered a case.
Police would go through the CDR (call data record) and try to identify the anonymous caller, they said.
Earlier, the actress-filmmaker posted on micro-blogging website Twitter about the incident.
"Off to Bandra police station to file an official complaint with regards to receiving abusive/threatening calls... last night. Have been getting threatening, obscene calls. The male voice, obviously inebriated abused me & threatened to come over," she tweeted.