Poonawalla Foundation invites applications for scholarship
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
- Facebook to acquire WhatsApp for USD 19 billion in cash and stock deal
- Congâs first casualty of Telangana Bill: Its govt and Chief Minister in Andhra
- Hazare snubs Kejriwal, declares support to Mamata in LS elections
The Lila Poonawalla Foundation has invited applications for scholarships from students pursuing graduation in Engineering (B E), Architecture (B Arch), Science (B Sc in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Animation, Electronics), BCA, BCS and B Pharm.
Students pursuing diploma in Engineering (D E) from colleges in Pune district will also be eligible for scholarship, which will be provided for entire duration of the course. Students who are in the first year of their graduation or diploma course for the academic year 2012-2013 can only apply. The foundation has so far granted over 1,500 scholarships comprising grant of up to a Rs 1 lakh per year to meritorious and needy students.
Young chefs workshop held at IIHM
Students of RIMS International School and Junior College attended a 'Basic Culinary Skills' workshop conducted by International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM).
Students of grade X, AS and A2-level participated in the workshop, aimed at providing an opportunity for students to get an insight into the growing food and hotel industry. "They were taken to the kitchen to learn few recipes. Students enjoyed preparing noodles and soup as they had experienced chefs around to guide them. It was a learning experience for the students," the organisers said.
Orientation programme at ISB&M College
The ISB&M College of Commerce conducted an orientation programme for the batch of 2012-15. The programme was inaugurated by Vaman Naik, Principal, ISB&M College of Commerce.
Pramod Kumar, president, ISB&M colleges, Pravin Waghmare, CEO, Director, Prescient Technology were present on the occasion. Seminars on topics such as nanotechnology management practices were also organised during the two-day event.
Army Public School Camp wins TCS Wiz 2012
ABOUT 950 students from various schools in the city participated in TCS IT Wiz 2012 organised by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Tuesday at Yashwantrao Chavan Auditorium. Gyannendra Mishra (12) and Siddharath Aggarwal (11) from the Army Public School Camp walked away with the winners' trophy, along with a Galaxy Note. They were closely followed by Krunnal Tavkar (11) and Jaynandan G (12) from Vikhe Patil School as runners-up who received their trophy along with a Galaxy Tab. "The TCS IT Wiz has over the years proven to be an excellent platform for introducing Information Technology to tomorrow's generation. We have learnt from the past that quizzing can be fun, and yet a powerful tool for learning," said Arvind Padhye, Centre head, TCS Pune.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state