Poor response again for EWS seats, 9,000 seats remain vacant this year
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Activists feel otherwise. "Schools we visited after January 31 said admission is over, which is wrong. The officials need to look into it and take action against these schools," said Sonali Kunjir, Kagad Kach Patra Kashtakari Panchayat.
Offence against Sardar Dastur High School
police have registered an offence against the Sardar Dastur High School in Pune Camp area for allegedly not furnishing information to district education department authorities during an inspection to ensure implementation of the RTE Act. The offence was registered at Bund Garden police station by Kisan Dattoba Bhujbal (44), the extension officer at the education department of Pune Zilla Parishad. Cops have booked Anita Batra, H D Ghumat and other members of the school committee under sections 174, 175, 176, 186, 187, 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). According to the police, school authorities did not divulge details of fees taken from students, staff salary records and other information to the education authorities.