Poorna Jagannathan goes green
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut short
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
Actor Poorna Jagannathan of Delhi Belly fame will appear in a brand-new ad for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India and will be seen posing next to the words "I Am Poorna Jagannathan, and I Am a Vegetarian". Poorna also sported a PETA T-shirt that reads, "Eat No" followed by a sketch of a cow. "I believe in conscious and kinder eating I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate, said Jagannathan and added, "Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases. Jagannathan joins a growing list of actors, athletes and other celebrities including Lara Dutta, Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, Amrita Rao, R Madhavan and Monica Dogra who have starred in pro-vegetarian ads for PETA India.
Farhan Akhtar is brand ambassador of McDowell's No. 1
McDowell's No 1, India's largest alcohol beverage brand by volume and by retail value has signed up Bollywood star and director Farhan Akhtar for its soda extension. Farhan, along with Purab Kohli, Cyrus Sahukar, Zoa Morani and Meiyang Chang, will feature in a TVC going on air this week. This is the first instance of McDowell's No. 1 signing up brand ambassadors since its launch four decades ago. The brand has brought alive the promise of Dosti Ka No.1 Spirit, through unique big ticket activations including multi-city musicals with Bryan Adams, Enrique, Bollywood music directors, Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy and Vishal and Shekhar.
According to Ashok Capoor, President and Managing Director, United Spirits Limited, "McDowell's No. 1 represents the social aspirations of today's youth. Spending time with friends is paramount for them. The McDowell's No.1 group of friends echo these sentiments and situations that anyone can easily identify with. The new TVC is themed on the number one spirit of friendship and showcases interesting friendship moments appropriately for McDowell's No. 1."
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today