Poorna Jagannathan goes green
- Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM": L K Advani
- 'Shahzada' and 'Matashree' are only concerned about being in power, says Modi; Sonia harps on secularism
- Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- March 31 Campaign roundup: BJP to release party manifesto on April 3; Kejriwal's meeting with the LG a drama to mislead people, says Cong
Actor Poorna Jagannathan of Delhi Belly fame will appear in a brand-new ad for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India and will be seen posing next to the words "I Am Poorna Jagannathan, and I Am a Vegetarian". Poorna also sported a PETA T-shirt that reads, "Eat No" followed by a sketch of a cow. "I believe in conscious and kinder eating I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate, said Jagannathan and added, "Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases. Jagannathan joins a growing list of actors, athletes and other celebrities including Lara Dutta, Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, Amrita Rao, R Madhavan and Monica Dogra who have starred in pro-vegetarian ads for PETA India.
Farhan Akhtar is brand ambassador of McDowell's No. 1
McDowell's No 1, India's largest alcohol beverage brand by volume and by retail value has signed up Bollywood star and director Farhan Akhtar for its soda extension. Farhan, along with Purab Kohli, Cyrus Sahukar, Zoa Morani and Meiyang Chang, will feature in a TVC going on air this week. This is the first instance of McDowell's No. 1 signing up brand ambassadors since its launch four decades ago. The brand has brought alive the promise of Dosti Ka No.1 Spirit, through unique big ticket activations including multi-city musicals with Bryan Adams, Enrique, Bollywood music directors, Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy and Vishal and Shekhar.
According to Ashok Capoor, President and Managing Director, United Spirits Limited, "McDowell's No. 1 represents the social aspirations of today's youth. Spending time with friends is paramount for them. The McDowell's No.1 group of friends echo these sentiments and situations that anyone can easily identify with. The new TVC is themed on the number one spirit of friendship and showcases interesting friendship moments appropriately for McDowell's No. 1."
- Number of beneficiaries of scheme for pregnant women drops by 82.6% in city
- City’s oldest police station is abound with stories from pages of history
- Trapped leopard dies, Meerut wakes up to lurking menace
- MHADA asks cops to probe case of Army widows from Satara being duped of flats
- Sasaram youth question Meira Kumar, think Modi has answers
- City’s maternal mortality rate at alarming 158