Porbandar observes bandh to support fasting Pandit
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Porbandar observed a bandh on Sunday in support of the indefinite hunger strike by a leader of a displaced Kashmiri Pandits body.
The bandh was supported by the Porbandar District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, besides the Porbandar Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
All Parties' Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC) chairman Vinod Pandit is on an indefinite fast in Porbandar since January 30 in support of the outfit's demands, including dialogue with Pakistan for facilitating visits to Shardha Peeth Temple in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
"The Centre and the Jammu and Kashmir government should consider our six-point charter of demands," APMCC national spokesperson Bharati told PTI.
Other major demands of the outfit are establishment of a Shardha Peeth University in Jammu and Kashmir, passing of the pending Kashmir Temples and Shrines Bill by the J&K Assembly and a special employment package for non-migrant Hindus.
The Bill seeks to set up a board to preserve temples and shrines.