Posco project pays the price of baton force
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR beat Mumbai Indians by 41 runs in IPL 7 opener
Opponents of the project are also asking if the government is really that serious, why is it delaying renewing the MoU which expired in June 2010. The suspension of the project's environment clearance last year is also yet to be revoked. Now with the Assembly session and Parliament session in sight, land acquisition may well be pushed to the backburner with political considerations taking centrestage.
Debabrata is a special correspondent based in Bhubaneswar