Post poll win, Gujarat BJP set for organisational rejig
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
After winning the Assembly election, the BJP in Gujarat has started the process of selecting a new state unit chief as the term of incumbent R C Faldu, who lost the just concluded polls, has expired.
At a meeting of Gujarat BJP office-bearers, held in Gandhinagar, the party decided to undertake organisational restructuring. The party will appoint booth-level committees by the month-end, said a release issued after the meeting.
Mehasana MP and BJP state women's wing President Jayshree Patel has been appointed the organisational restructuring officer, it said.
"The party will step by step take up restructuring of the organisation and will appoint a new President soon," a BJP leader said.
Faldu, whose term ended in December, lost to Raghavji Patel of Congress from Jamnagar Rural Assembly seat.
The meeting, in which Chief Minister Narendra Modi wasalso present, passed a resolution thanking the people of Gujarat for voting the party to power once again.
The BJP will carry out a detailed analysis of the 2012 Assembly election results by January 12, sources said.