Post-court order, 58-yr-old booked for 'raping' minor help
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
The Mohali police has booked a 58-year-old man for allegedly raping a minor who worked at his house as a domestic help after a local court directed the police to register an FIR.
The accused has been identified as Gurdeep Singh. His son Gagandeep Singh has also been booked for causing disappearance of evidence, criminal intimidation and screening an offender. Both accused, who are residents of Sector 68, are absconding.
According to the police, the 17-year-old victim, originally from Jharkhand, started working as a domestic help with the accused in September 2013. On October 8, while Gurdeep's son Gagandeep and his wife had gone to meet their relatives, Gurdeep entered the victim's room around 10.30 pm and allegedly raped her. He also allegedly threatened her not to disclose the incident.
The police said later, the victim narrated the incident to Gagandeep who, too, threatened her and threw away her blood-stained clothes. Both the accused also allegedly offered her money to keep quiet, said the police.
After the alleged incident, the victim approached a local court. After a medical examination of the victim was conducted on the court directions, the court of Judicial Magistrate (1st Class) directed the police to register an FIR.
Gurdeep has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) while his son has been booked under sections 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and 214 (offering gift or restoration of property to screen offender) at the police station in Phase 8.