Post-House ruckus, Cong screens, makes CDs of Akali minister’s ‘expletives’
- Rahul seeks âlegal accountabilityâ for 2002, disputes Modi âclean chitâ
- Probe zeroes in on pilots, hunt widens to land
- Modi vs him: Kejriwal to wait for Varanasiâs voice
- Workdays: MNREGS short of even halfway mark
- Back home after serving time for 1993 blasts, 82-yr-old grateful for âsupportâ
While amid the din, Rana's words could not be heard, Majithia's expletives on the speaker rang through the House. When the House resumed, Sukhbir moved a resolution to expel Rana if he did not tender an apology for the abuse. The Congress announced a boycott of the session after Wednesday's incident and did not accept Sukhbir's offer to reinstate Rana Gurjit.
Speaker Atwal in a press briefing on Thursday defended his decision. Expressing ignorance about expletives hurled by Majithia and words used by Sukhbir, he condemned them but said all abuses have been expunged. Jakhar said the party stands firm on its demand for dismissal of Majithia.