Post-ODI retirement, Sachin Tendulkar heads for Devbhoomi
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
After announcing retirement from One-day cricket, Sachin Tendulkar headed straight for hill station Mussoorie in Uttarakhand, where he is likely to celebrate Christmas and the New Year.
Hours after the news about his retirement form ODIs broke, people were taken by surprise as the batting legend landed at the Jollygrant Airport here yesterday along with his wife Anajli, son Arjun and daughter Sara.
Congress MP Priya Dutt was also accompanying Tendulkar, who left straight for Mussoorie after landing at the airport, much to the disappointment of journalists present there.
Tendulkar arrived at a family friend Sanjay Narang's hotel named Rugby at Mussoorie at about six in the evening.
The legend used to visit Mussoorie along with family to celebrate Christmas and the new year until a few years ago but had not been able to do so due to his busy schedule for the last two years.