Post-ODI retirement, Sachin Tendulkar heads for Devbhoomi
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
After announcing retirement from One-day cricket, Sachin Tendulkar headed straight for hill station Mussoorie in Uttarakhand, where he is likely to celebrate Christmas and the New Year.
Hours after the news about his retirement form ODIs broke, people were taken by surprise as the batting legend landed at the Jollygrant Airport here yesterday along with his wife Anajli, son Arjun and daughter Sara.
Congress MP Priya Dutt was also accompanying Tendulkar, who left straight for Mussoorie after landing at the airport, much to the disappointment of journalists present there.
Tendulkar arrived at a family friend Sanjay Narang's hotel named Rugby at Mussoorie at about six in the evening.
The legend used to visit Mussoorie along with family to celebrate Christmas and the new year until a few years ago but had not been able to do so due to his busy schedule for the last two years.