Power pact: 'Force' factor, 'communal forces' hand Mayawati over to Congress on retail FDI platter
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
UPA does not have the numbers on its own in the Upper House, which has an effective strength of 244. UPA and its allies have a strength of 94 members. The ten nominated members may go ahead to vote with the government. Among the seven independents, three or four may support the government.
Still, the ruling coalition may have to persuade outside supporters BSP (15) and SP (9) to vote with the government.