Power pact: 'Force' factor, 'communal forces' hand Mayawati over to Congress on retail FDI platter
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
UPA does not have the numbers on its own in the Upper House, which has an effective strength of 244. UPA and its allies have a strength of 94 members. The ten nominated members may go ahead to vote with the government. Among the seven independents, three or four may support the government.
Still, the ruling coalition may have to persuade outside supporters BSP (15) and SP (9) to vote with the government.